Thursday, April 25, 2013

WOAH I Just Went On A Fashion Forecast Blast From The Past IDK What!

YOU'RE FROM THE 70'S BUT I'M A 90'S BITCH!!!

It'ssssss baaaaacccckkkk! The 90's are officially making their return to fashion and the arts and will this be an interesting turn of events. 90's fashion was sporty, colorful, grungy, and freakin' fun. Closely relatable to the 80's styles, the 90's take on more of an LA point of view and more of an iconic representation of pop culture. Remember these familiar hotties?

Now let's see these looks modernized for todays spring/summer 2013 styles:

Most of these looks have already become viral in the fashion sense. Shops like ForeverXII, H&M, Zara, & department stores have been promoting 90's style attire in the forms of hipster & music festival looks. These more obvious takes on the era's fashion are now beginning to take shape in more subtle ways for those of us wanting to take on a more high fashion approach to these wild styles.

This summer we're going to be seeing this trend take on a sporty style with lots of prints and bright/neon colors.

Now these sporty styles are getting me really excited for a major transition in fashion. For many years and way to repetitively we've been bringing back the 60's, the 70's, the 80's, the 90's and I believe that this 90's trend is going to take us into what will be one of the farthest era's in fashion we've dated back to in a very long time and maybe even in my lifetime... the 1920's! Call me crazy, but the headbands, the hats, the fringe, the a-line cuts, the high collars, the low heels, honestly I could go on and on but The Roaring 20's are slowly breaking through and will be a major theme in many of our wardrobes after the hot, flirty styles of summer expire. With the release of the Gatsby movie and the yearning for fun accessories we are going to see ourselves in a very vogue era for autumn and wintertime. I'm just calling it now, before I'm too late!

So since I've made the leap towards 2 trends in 1 post I must keep the trend comparisons from old versus new going. Let's go back in time to the Flapper era where Cloche Hats, Egyptian prints, Hostess Pants, Rolled Stockings and Hemlines were THE hottest trends.

Almost 100 years later fashion repeats itself:

Hopefully some of you found this to be informative and interesting. Also, I'm really crossing my fingers for some undoubtfully playful styles to be born out of all of this! <3 You!

No comments: